Thursday 14 September 2017

Japanese Aircraft Online Model Contest 005 - ERIC VOGEL

I finally managed to finish my Rufe.
Last year I showed some work in progress pictures, HERE.
It was a slow progress because of too many modelling projects on the workbench.
The figure is from the Rabaul set of Modelkasten, these figures are nicely detailed.
The "sea" is made of epoxy components and  the waves added on top are made of modeling gel.
Despite it took a little time I enjoyed it very much working on this Rufe.
 
- Eric Vogel - 
 
 
 
  
 

8 comments:

Arawasi said...

I LOVE IT!!! Rufe looks absolutely stunning! Brilliant figure and incredible palm tree. Perfect color of the Pacific island coral sand. Those who have been there know how to depict it correctly!
I can't see anything I don't like. So 5.0

DtKS said...

Great diorama,great build and finish. FIVE 5.0

Michael Thurow said...

Very appealing model, great weathering, cockpit detail and diorama. Just the green is a little too bright for my taste. Where did you find this phantastic palm tree. I've been looking for one for a long time. 4.9!

Jacob said...


Very nice Eric to see an A6M2-N of the 934Ku in an appropriate seaside scene! It was- if I'm right mainly active in S.E.A. Ambon, the Aru archipelago and New Guinea. 4.9 because of 1 bomb too much.

Jacob

D. Chouinard said...

Well done! I like the setting, the figure, and the little details. The plane shows hard use under a south Pacific sun, thus perfect from the setting. (I'm thinking some of the overall yellow cast could come from lighting? Doesn't take away from the overall effect, just something I noticed.) 5.0

Anonymous said...

I don't think my comment posted - so I am writing it again. Sorry if it's a double post.

Excellent work. I like the diorama as much as I like the plane! Very convincing water, which is hard to get "right".

I vote 4.9. As I said before, I don't give out 5's, so I think you know what I'm saying.

Wind Swords

David Brizzard said...

Another very well done "Rufe". The diorama idea works great.
I vote 5 because of this extra effort.

Fluffy said...

Fantastic! 4.8

-ArchFluffy